22 November 2006

Thank you

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ~ Meister Eckhart

Being alive

Being through with chemotherapy

My mom

My husband

My stepson

My huskies

The feral kitties I care for

All of the people I love

All of the people who love me

A place to live

Sufficient food and water

A job

A fully (as far as I can tell) functioning brain and the medication that helps it function correctly

The trees outside my office window

The fabulous squirrels who defy gravity as they leap from branch to branch

The Good Boy, my favorite kitty

Books

Music

Art

The full use of all of my limbs

My upcoming reconstruction surgery

All of the natural world

My best friend, even though she's gone

The opportunity to give to others

The opportunity to learn, spiritually and intellectually

Not being like everyone I know in my Dad's family

My online friends

Hitting the genetic jackpot

There are many other things for which I'm grateful, but it's not possible to think of all of them right now. Suffice it to say that I'm grateful for everything--good and bad-- that's happened to me. My job is to figure out how to use my experiences for positive growth. I'm grateful for being up for that challenge.

No comments: