29 May 2007

Blood Work and the Return to Crazy Land

I'm just back from Houston. I've been home a couple of hours now. The blood tests were good--nothing to be concerned about. My platelets are a little low, some other cryptic stuff is high and I probably need to address some bone density issues. I had the beginnings of osteoporosis before I began chemotherapy and the treatments sped up that process. We're not medicating now because I take a lot of medication already. I already take calcium with vitamin d, so I need to concentrate on getting more natural sources of calcium, in addition to addressing my anemia. These are small problems in the grand scheme of things. Thank you, kind friends, who were sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Tomorrow, it's back to Crazy Land. I'm a little obsessed with the whole kitty thing. That's how I am--a bit obsessive compulsive. I kept wishing I had a computer as I was whiling away the hours in the waiting rooms. Nothing like a few empty hours to jump start my vindictive fantasies.

You know, bed bugs have made a strong resurgence in hotels across the country, irrespective of their price and reputation. Since I read an article about that a couple of years ago, I've been terrified of waking with horrible bed bug-inflicted welts everywhere. They're well nigh invisible unless you tear the whole bed apart. Fortunately, so far I haven't encountered any.

It occurred to me, though, that I might have to send out a friendly email to my co-workers in a day or so, telling them that it seems my hotel had an infestation while I was staying there. I could point out that I may have, inadvertently, infested the whole office. Perhaps people should start burning everything they own, because that's the only way to get rid of them. That advice is reality-based; burning everything is the only sure cure for bed bugs.

I've had lots of time to think about my co-workers and I've come up with many ideas about how to make the kitty issue seem infinitesimal by comparison. I've a very, very evil woman.

I'll be spending most of my time in my office until Lying Boy and his family return next week (when we'll have some face time so I can share my feelings directly with each one personally). I'm certain I'll have more to share. After that, I'd say all Crazy Land time will be spent in my office. Not to worry, though. I've got hundreds of Crazy Land stories for your entertainment. You know I wouldn't let you down.

See you tomorrow and, again, you guys are the best.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am very happy to hear the tests went well and that you are home...bug-free. The entire concept of bed bugs gives me the horrors. I have thought about them several times when talking to my family about our summer vacation. Anything to do with bugs just sends me for a loop - and these awful critters would send me over the edge. Yuck.