11 October 2007

Crazy Employee Strikes Again

By the time I got home yesterday, I was exhausted. The day began well. My concentration level was high and I made some significant progress in the database. Then I opened my email. There it was: The email from Crazy Employee who, at 5:05 Tuesday, completely lost what little sanity she possessed up to this point. The email was addressed to her supervisor, the Information Superhighway, but copied to Owner, Mr. Moneybags and me. Great.

The email was a defiant manifesto that, frankly, had I been her supervisor, would have earned her an immediate dismissal. The issue? She's an hourly employee and she feels slighted that she's not salaried. I'll bet you can guess why this is such a critical dispute. That's right, she tends to arrive around 9:30 or 10:00, takes two-hour lunches and wraps up her day around 3:00 or 4:00. Hell, I'm here more than she is and I'm only five weeks into recovery from surgery.

No comments: