19 March 2008

codependent dot com

I wrote most of a post yesterday and planned to finish today. What have I been doing instead?

Writing cover letter examples and re-working Superhighway's husband's resume. He was fired recently and, boy, do I know how it feels to have an unemployed hubby. It chewed up most of my time here today.

I took two calls from Superhighway's hubby regarding what he should say on an application he's submitting.

I helped my mom with her tax questions. That's okay...I love my mom. I'd do anything for her.

I listened to Crazy complain about her bipolar sister.

I contemplated helping Foot Lady figure out how to help her mom do her taxes. I decided Foot would have to figure it out by herself.

My dearest friend, C., reminded me recently of how these small (okay, the first thing was definitely not small) can drain any energy I have to spare, in addition to any I don't have to spare. I am hereby promising myself that I'm going to work harder on reining myself in.

Finally, I'm taking Thursday and Friday off. No medical visits, just some vital rest time. I plan to see a movie tomorrow. After that, I hope to prevent myself from cleaning my house.

See you next week. Have a lovely Easter weekend (or whatever you celebrate).

1 comment:

vicki said...

Here's hoping your long weekend was stress free and peaceful :)