25 April 2008

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

I wish I had something fun to report from our Admin. Professionals luncheon, but it was uneventful. Owner has been very depressed lately, so he sat at the head of the table like a zombie. He did manage to take a couple of shots at me. Some of my co-workers patted me on the back, but no need. I'm very tough.


I never, ever let people see what rattles my cage. Hubby knows. My mom knows some of them, but beyond that, I keep my vulnerabilities to myself. That's partly how I was able to maintain a relationship with Former Friend for so long. Owner is like a little boy who loves to pull little girls' pigtails. I happened to be on the receiving end this time.

I had a database meltdown on Wednesday afternoon; I thought I'd lost about 160 records. Fortunately, I was able to get in touch with IT Boy and he restored it before the server could save the new, screwed-up file.

Most of the office is out today, having a good time. The Ladies' Man, Loathsome, The Hemorrhoid Guy, Crazy Employee, Mr. Moneybags and the Foot Lady are all out. This might be a very good day to get back to the database. Silence.

Just for the record, I didn't mean to imply that I'm sorry to have lost the relationship with Former Friend. I was relieved. My therapist said I should write something more direct and to the point. She thinks it would be therapeutic. I'm considering it.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Will you please email me. I'm going private on here and need to send you an invite.

Thanks,
Vicki
freakin12002@yahoo.com

jumpinginpuddles said...

thanks for the update and thank goodness you foudn the records