21 May 2008

Lone Wolf in Crazy Land

This weekend, I made a bold and daring move: I bought a manual for FileMaker (my relational database software). Of course, this goes against all the unspoken tenets of Crazy Land. If it makes work easier, you must not take that option. Crazy Land requires the single most irrational problem solving method available.

I taught myself a great deal, but a little help has greatly expanded my knowledge base. I can reach new heights of user-efficiency and simplicity. As a result, I'm having even more fun than usual.

I have breached the rules. I'm anticipating that, as soon as someone finds out, I will be separated from the pack. Wolves aren't really loners, despite the myth to the contrary. However, in Crazy Land, one of the wolves always stands away from the pack. Wonder who that could be?