13 June 2007

I'm A Uniter, Not a Divider

I've somehow managed to thoroughly confuse myself. That in itself isn't uncommon, but this was a huge medication error. I take Ambien every night so I can sleep. (It's difficult to sleep through the night when one has post traumatic stress disorder because of hypervigilance.) I've recently begun taking another medication during the day to address chronic depression and anxiety (ptsd, again). Cutting to the chase: I mixed up the two drugs, took the Ambien during the day and the other drug at night. I have no idea how long I've been taking the antidepressant twice a day.

I only slept about two hours last night and I'm pretty revved up now, but my doctor says things should stabilize soon. I suppose that means I'll stabilize soon. I'm a joy to be around right now, being very high on the Perky Scale. I suspect it's a little like being around someone who's had too much to drink; it's great if you're high, too, but annoying if you're not. Being ever so considerate as usual, I have not tested my fellow employees by interacting with them. That's so me.

On the Crazy Land front, Money Man is working his way up to either a massive stroke or coronary event. Since his return from vacation, he's been happily enraged every day. You know how he loves that. It's like mother's milk to him. I can only hope that I've played some part in it because it's important to me to contribute to the happiness of my co-workers, especially Money Man.

If I had to speculate (and you know I do), I'd say he's lumped me in with all the other "idiots" and "morons" (his favorite words) who work here. I think he's been harboring at least a little bit of hatred towards me for years, believing that I'm virtually useless here in Crazy Land. The Kitty Wars have raised my status in that regard. Now I'm totally useless. Of course, as far as Money Man is concerned, it appears the only people he believes aren't useless are him, his daughter and his son. Go figure.

Loathsome will be making a 12-week return engagement soon. The project he's been working on (and I use that term loosely) has been postponed. You know, he offices in my wing of the building. It can only be good news for me, because everything and everyone looks better when they're in close proximity to Loathsome. A little bit of his astoundingly good looks are bound to rub off on me as we pass each other in the hallway.

He's been here from time to time, but Owner has chosen to meet with him downstairs. I don't think there's any way we can make Loathsome stay downstairs for 12 weeks. My solution to the problem? Move Loathsome over to Money Man's wing and, just as a bonus, move Useless One and Shoe Lady over there, too. Or they could all move downstairs. It will be an all-day love fest, five days a week. As an added attraction, I'd be happy to drop by and make Money Man chat with me for an hour or so from time to time.

Much like our President, I'm a uniter, not a divider. And I'm a hell of a problem solver. I've fixed the entire office situation in one fell swoop. Let the love fest begin.

No comments: