02 November 2007

A Good Time Was Had By All

"Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day." ~ Elizabeth Bowen

I'm short on time today and I'm answering the phone because (Sad) Crazy Employee is out today dealing with her mom's estate. I wanted to to let you know that the birthday party was a roaring success. Owner didn't venture into any inappropriate ares and everyone had great fun giving me a hard time. I made a reference to undocumented workers and one of my co-workers educated me as to the correct label to attach to them. I had referred to them as "illegal aliens." I meant no harm by it, but it's not a politically correct term. I stand corrected. It provided everyone with the opportunity to make a few jokes as my expense, but they weren't hurtful in any way.

I ended up sitting next to Owner. That happens pretty frequently. My mom sat on the other side. Hubby was unable to attend because he was out of town on business. Because there were 13 of us crowded around a conference table meant to accommodate probably half that number and because I was sitting next to Owner, I couldn't get very close to the table. I kept dropping crumbs on my lap and on the chair. Again, everyone enjoyed noting my pigginess. Yes, I was amused, too. Laughing at myself has never been hard for me.

It's a beautiful day here and I'm occasionally catch glimpses of squirrels racing through the trees. The autumn morning is crisper, but not cold. The animals are feeling festive and energized. I'm feeling a little rowdy myself.

7 comments:

vicki said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

Have a great weekend!

zennist said...

Thank you! You, too!

Jill said...

I love Fall and squirrels! Sounds like a great day.

jumpinginpuddles said...

we missed saying sorry to u and we send u many many hugs u are important to us

Rising Rainbow said...

I love fall (except when it's raining all the time) and squirrels too. It sounds like you had a good time.

zennist said...

jumpinginpuddles:
That's okay that you missed saying "sorry." Thank you for your hugs. You're important to me, too.

zennist said...

risingrainbow:
I wish I liked fall more. Our fall is usually gray and windy (like today). Leaves don't really change color much.

But the squirrels? I love them, too.