19 August 2008

Back Again

But does anyone care?

I'm still recovering from the revision of the revision of the reconstruction. I developed an allergy to all of the adhesives they used to tape me back together. Blisters formed under all of the tapes and when I removed it, the tape took the top of the blisters off. I've now discovered a new type of pain. It was actually more painful than the surgery itself. I'm better now, back at work, but you can still see the marks on my face and chest. Now the wounds themselves are the source of my pain.

Meanwhile, back in Crazy Land, accounting department still under siege. Bags and Superhighway furious. Owner even more furious. Golf Pro has been assigned new tasks. He's supposed to be writing reports of some kind. Even Superhighway doesn't have the full story on that. Or she's not sharing it. The latter option seems unlikely, though.

I'd planned to have a little thank-you party for Crazy Land staff to celebrate the final surgery. Everyone offered support and caring during my 3-year journey and I'm grateful. However, since hardly anyone is speaking to anyone else, I don't think it would be much fun. Verbal interaction seems limited to rage attacks. No cake for Crazy Land.

Next week, I'll be in Houston again. I have annual tests scheduled, one of which is with the beloved Dr. Ross. Thursday starts at 7:00 with blood work and ends in the evening. I'm mired in my usual anxiety. Nonetheless, it's better than Crazy Land.

When I've regained more of my energy and concentration levels, I'll fill you in on Crazy Land.

2 comments:

Cutter said...

I care.

vicki said...

Good to see you back:)