24 May 2005

Friday

We only regard those unions as real examples of love and real marriages in which a fixed and unalterable decision has been taken. If men or women contemplate an escape, they do not collect all their powers for the task. In none of the serious and important tasks of life do we arrange such a "getaway." We cannot love and be limited. ~ Alfred Adler

Friday turned out to be pretty grim. I spent an hour on the phone with my daughter in law, listening to her talking about her marital problems. You know, I hate to sound like Barbara Bush, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for her to talk with me about it. I mean, I'm not exactly unbiased. I'm not inclined to give advice under any circumstances. Furthermore, she shared information about their sex lives. I mean, would you talk with your step mother in law about having sex with her stepson? I wouldn't do it. I'd find a friend or a therapist or something. Too icky.

My daughter in law asked me to call so that she could get to know me better. Note to self: When all known behavior demonstrates narcissim, be clear that she is not interested in getting to know you.

When I got home after therapy on Friday, my dog was hypoglycemic. He hadn't been up all day. I felt terrible. I don't think he was in danger, but he certainly could have been. I gave him some honey and a piece of meat and he was ready to get up and go for a walk. It's become clear to me that I'm going to have to educate myself about canine diabetes, because my vet isn't very helpful.

I know that doesn't sound earth shaking, but there are other things I'm too tired to take up at the moment.

America held hostage day 1328
Bushism of the day:
"What is life choices about?" —Bush, speaking to student athletes
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Welcomes NCAA Champs," Feb. 24, 2003

Website of the day: Virtual Bubble Wrap
http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/

No comments: