08 June 2007

Driving Me Crazy in Crazy Land

I'm feeling inexplicably better today. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's Friday and I get to go home early (to therapy), then I don't have to see any other Crazy Land denizens for a full two days. It's so easy to make me happy these days.

I had an impromptu meeting with my internal customer, Rat Man, for whom I'm creating the database. The design changes--that have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual functioning of the db--are driving me absolutely insane. Move this line down half an inch, the left margin is too wide. He is driving me fucking crazy. I'm always a lot more focused on function rather than form. At first, anyway. Just let me get the damn thing to work and we'll spend as long as you wish dicking around with how it looks. Jeez.

I've had several encounters with Money Man, but I've avoided any real conversation with him. We sometimes share the same air space, but that's about it. He hates me in a big way. I passed Lying Boy and his sister, Daddy's Girl*, coming down the stairs yesterday. It surprises me how quickly they rose up through the ranks of people I dislike. The family now fills the top three spots. These are definitely tough competitors; it's hard to capture all three in one fell swoop. As for their specific rankings, Money Man has to be first (only because he's the oldest, really), then Lying Boy, then Daddy's Girl.

No one has spoken to me about cats at all. Wise decision.

I'm going to write a separate post now regarding the Information Superhighway--who she is, why she's earned that name, etc. That way you won't have to plow through my usual excessively long posts. Isn't that just like me? Always thinking of your comfort. You're worth it.

* I told you I'd find a name for her.

No comments: